Salary: Pay: $20.08 per hour
·P.I.E. Management, L.L.C. – Vancouver, WA
- P.I.E. Management, LLC is a local staffing agency. We are seeking Food Service Coordinators for a local county jail. This is a temporary assignment with a 2 to 4-month duration.
- Duration - 2 to 4 months
- Sunday through Wednesday, 8am to 4:30pm or 11am to 7pm
- Wednesday through Saturday, 8am to 4:30pm or 11am to 7pm
- Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and provide instructions to inmates to ensure rules, policies, procedures, expectations, safety of kitchen utensils and equipment, and see that security guidelines are enforced and maintaining key control in a secure inmate facility.
- Instructs and coordinates.
- Work with inmates, sometimes alone, to prepare food according to predetermined menus, gather and combine ingredients required by standardized recipes; wash, slice, chops, grate, stir, knead, measure, mix and weigh food products.
- Cook food by boiling, grilling, steaming, frying, roasting or baking.
- Cooks various foods such as meats, casseroles, vegetables, starches, soups, salads, sandwiches, breads, dressings, sauces and gravies.
- Prepare desserts such as cookies, cobbler, cakes, custard, and gelatin.
- Uses commercial cooking equipment such as grills, steam-jacket kettle, slicers, mixers and choppers. Serve food on food lines according to established food portion control.
- Put food away in designated storage, clean stoves, grills, and counter tops.
- Always keep work area in sanitary condition
- Controls dishwasher temperatures rotates supplies in cooler and freezer to assure health standards are maintained
- Request needed products and supplies from supervisor or line staff.
- Assist in directing inmates in the unloading and storage of food products and supplies.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two (3) years of experience in a commercial food service facility providing customer service to a diverse client population. Criminal justice system experience or experience in working with a diverse group of people appreciated.
- Have possession of, or can obtain, a valid food handler's certificate within 30 days of hire.
- Additional information:
- Ability to direct supervise and evaluate the work of inmates including safety considerations and cleanup; issue verbal instructions in a clear and easily understood fashion; estimate quantities and follow recipes for large scale food preparation; establish and maintain effective working relationships with inmates, supervisors and other members of the staff; stand for long periods of time while performing routine or repetitive function; and identify and recognize the potential dangers of working in close quarters with jail inmates.
- Work involves overseeing doing, instructing, and delegating work to jail facility inmates to ensure continuity of nutritionally balanced food service. Work may involve interactions in stressful or sensitive situations and maintaining security of inmates. Incumbents may be exposed to face-to face interactions and confrontations with angry, hostile, depressed and/or otherwise emotionally distraught inmates.
- Essential tasks include use of various kitchen equipment including ovens, mixers, slicers, knives, freezers, etc. and other supplies/equipment customarily used with large scale meal preparation and cleanup. Incumbent stands, bends, reaches, sits, and lifts food items, supplies and equipment. Additionally, incumbent routinely handles various sanitation and cleaning supplies to ensure compliance with health standards regarding proper food preparation rules and regulations.
- Job Type: Temporary
How to Apply:
To be consider for this position and other position with P.I.E. Management, LLC, please email a copy of your resume and application for employment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the apply online link for an application.