Seeking a Licensed Recovery Coach to provide support and assistance to individuals that have substance use disorders. This Recovery Coach position is based on the recover-orientated support environment that advances recovery orientation. This position will be trained and educated through DHHS to perform their job role but will need training regarding working in a prison and with offenders. In this program the individual will be assigned to a prison and will meet with offenders who have opioid or amphetamine use disorder and mental health concerns. They will assist in setting up treatment appointments in the community when the offender releases, supervise telehealth sessions and track work productivity and outcome measures. They assist offenders in becoming more informed and skilled so they can be more successful when they are on parole.
• Educate offenders about substance use and/ or mental health disorders.
• Meet with offenders to engage them in services.
• Meet with individuals to assist them in scheduling treatment.
• Provide support as the offender experience challenges, they do not have the skills and/or support to solve.
• Educate about pathways to recovery
• Review the parole plan with the offender and discuss resources and supports available to them to assist them in being successful.
• Develop a plan to assist offenders if they feel overwhelmed and worry that they may abscond or violate parole.
• Communicate with agents about the offender’s treatment upon release and needs/ concerns that the offender may have
• Complete GPRA Assessment
• Supervise telehealth visits
• Contact offenders via phone upon release to assess whether they need additional supports and link them to those supports
• Michigan State License